Got the indicators and new tank on. New bigger front sprocket and chain so the gearing is a little taller. Still not running quite right (watch video with sound if you can please)
I’m wondering if I forgot to set the valve timing properly when I threw the engine back together about a year ago, but I’m pretty sure I did 😂 I’ve got the dreaded wiring to do and have to fabricate a mount for the front mudguard.
I think it’s starting to look quite good for a pile of bits build 😀
I think I’ve got close enough to getting the finish I want. Fine crushed glass at 100PSI then glass bead at 60PSI to polish to a satin finish. Yes, I know it’s not as good as vapour blasting but I can do it at home with the limited space I have 😀 some before, after crushed glass then after glass bead photos.
I got the blast cabinet working. Only had bicarbonate of soda to put in it. Tried it on a carb. Works ok, needs tapping at the bottom all the time to shake the media up (Bev with a hammer 😂). Got all the lines plumbed in. The one I bought to the gas bottle was way too thin, don’t think I even got 100PSI in the bottle. I definitely need a much bigger compressor and a vibratory motor to shake the media up.
Managed to score another CG110. Nice and crusty like the other one, a bit more complete though. It came all the way from Northland and the shipping was more than the bike cost. Garage is over capacity now 🙂
I had a look at a genuine Honda gear shift cam and realised I could stop it going into reverse gear by grinding off one of the lugs. It was relatively easy to get to, just laid the bike on its side, removed the clutch cover, clutch and then gear shift cam, ground off the lug with an angle grinder. It worked 👍