Bev did a great job on preparing and painting the engine. She did it all on her own 😀
I had a sudden burst of end of holiday enthusiasm (more like guilt I hadn’t done much) to start restoration on the New Plymouth find CG110 last weekend. There was a lot of prep work, I stripped all the old paint off, pressure washed and then used a wire wheel on an angle grinder. After that I used phosphoric acid to convert any remaining rust, then pressure wash again, sand, wash again, dry and then then prime and paint with Rustoleum High Gloss Black. The frame came up OK, forks looks like brand new 🙂
New wheels, seat and exhaust are shipping from Christchurch today and I have Michelin City Pro tires here already. I’ll pick up new fork seals on Thursday and hopefully assemble a roller over the weekend. I still need a front mudguard and an OEM headlight.
I’ve ordered a new painted fuel tank. I chose yellow this time, something a bit different. I hope that’s what actually turns up, last time I ordered a yellow one I received a gold one (which was still ok though).
A chance find this week, managed to buy it for a good price and brought it home.
Bev wants to do this once herself.
Apart from the missing fuel tank and seat, it seems to be mainly complete. I’ve got many of the missing parts already. I am also told that it’s a runner 🙂 I’ll find out for sure this weekend.