Managed to lace the front wheel today unsupervised 😂 Got it to within 0.4mm runout 👍
I bought a rebuild kit for the starter motor. Glad I did. The end cap bush was oval. I found the reason it stopped working. Someone had over tightened the terminal post and torn the main internal connector off at it rotated. Replaced bothe bushes, brushes, lubed bearing and soldered the internal conductor back to the terminal post. Took we 4 attempts to reassemble, adjusting end float, until it spun freely with a bench test. Re-installed it and the bike fired right up, instantly 😀
Got a few bits and bobs sorted this weekend.