Picked up this seat cover from Aliexpress for $18 delivered. Never again will I try and fit one. It put up quite a fight.
Fixed small oil leak from the rocker cover, tightened steering head bearings, adjusted front brake, dialled in the idle mixture on the carb. All sorted.
I had the day off work today. Got my CeeGee through compliance and then decided to further investigate swapping the Chinese CG250 internals into Honda CG125 cases. Got quite a long way in when I discovered the main bearings are different sizes. Gave up and put it back together. I’m so chuffed I bought a small Makita impact wrench. Made the process so much faster and easier, although I did have to get my air one out a couple of times on really tight things. I didn’t know but square number plates are now a thing 👍
All ready for compliance and new number plate next week.
Got the crappy Chinese carb sorted, was full of swarf and had a pinched bowl gasket. Strip, ultrasonic cleaner bath and reassembled and it’s running good now 🙂
The engine came up pretty well in the photos, not quite as nice in real life. I used a wire brush on electric drill along with a small brass wire brush, then degrease, pressure wash then 400 grit wet and dry. Pressure wash, dry with compressed air, heat gun and paint. Lockdown achievement accomplished 🙂