My new tank finally arrived and I fitted my new decals. I really like the retro HRC look.
A chance find this week, managed to buy it for a good price and brought it home.
Bev wants to do this once herself.
Apart from the missing fuel tank and seat, it seems to be mainly complete. I’ve got many of the missing parts already. I am also told that it’s a runner 🙂 I’ll find out for sure this weekend.
I had a look at a genuine Honda gear shift cam and realised I could stop it going into reverse gear by grinding off one of the lugs. It was relatively easy to get to, just laid the bike on its side, removed the clutch cover, clutch and then gear shift cam, ground off the lug with an angle grinder. It worked 👍
I thought it might have reverse, the engine came out of a quad bike. Some modification of the gear shift cam will be required lest I have a senior moment and accidentally put it into reverse 🙂
After much tinkering with the new wiring harness I got it figured out. It seems to run pretty well too.
Got the exhaust fitted, surprisingly without too much modification. I made a battery box too.
Handlebar switches on, all cables installed and working. Speedo fitted. Chain and sprockets fitted, with new sprocket cover that arrived from China this week. I found a new chain guard in my hoard. Rear brake installed. Started mounting the new wiring harness, voltage regulator, CDI and starter solenoid. I’ve ordered 350mm rear shocks (stock are 300mm) and a shorty rear mudguard and small tail light. Hopefully that will alleviate the fat rear wheel clearance issues.
Next is the dreaded headlight spaghetti.
CG250 Bitza build made good progress today. Got the tires on, wheels mounted, engine in. Some issues with front mudguard clearance, none, won’t go on, and I suspect modification of the rear mudguard will be required or some longer shocks. Tire is too wide to fit in the rear mudguard. Might buy one of them shorty AliExpress ones. Not sure about the inlet manifold angle either, carb isn’t anywhere near to being level. I think it looks ok so far though.
Finally, Goldie is all road legal and Bev has been out and about getting the hang of riding it.
She’s doing really well 🙂
The breeding pair are nearly ready to hit the streets 😂 Goldies cam timing was two teeth out (was a used engine) and it still ran (but badly). Fixed that today 😀 starting and running well now.