Honda CBX250 frame, forks and swing arm all painted. Ready to build a rolling chassis tomorrow 🙂 I must say that they came up better than I thought they would. I have also installed the new taper roller headset bearings.
Ta da! here is my new project bike! a 1986 Honda CBX 250 RXD. I’m going to make a cafe racer!
I got this because:
- It’s a Honda and was cheap.
- It’s got spoked alloy DID 18″ wheels
- It’s got a disc front brake (I know drum brakes are retro cool, but I don’t want to die just yet!)
- It’s allegedly 30HP stock and 130Kg, so when I strip many things off it should have good power to weight.
- I am told it will do over 100MPH stock (when it was new anyway).
- Thomas will want to ride on the road in 18 months time and it will make an uber cool learners bike for him when I finish it.
- I was bored and had nothing else to work on in the garage now that we all have new bikes.
Once I know for sure that it runs and the engine isn’t completely knackered I will begin the process of buying many parts on the internet.
Watch this space for updates and more photos.