All ready for compliance and new number plate next week.
And it lives I was beginning to despair. Turns out the wires from the stator were in really bad shape where they went through the grommet on the engine case. I cut them, soldered them back together and shrink wrapped them.
Got the crappy Chinese carb sorted, was full of swarf and had a pinched bowl gasket. Strip, ultrasonic cleaner bath and reassembled and it’s running good now 🙂
The engine came up pretty well in the photos, not quite as nice in real life. I used a wire brush on electric drill along with a small brass wire brush, then degrease, pressure wash then 400 grit wet and dry. Pressure wash, dry with compressed air, heat gun and paint. Lockdown achievement accomplished 🙂
After a thorough carb clean, points cleaned, it actually runs! Amazing!
The “Bitza” turned out alright in the end. Time for it to go to a new home.